I am thrilled to announce that Focus on Fitness is now using INSCYD for fitness testing. I am currently using this advanced software for testing on the bike. However, it will be rolled out to running in the coming weeks. This fitness testing can be done remotely so get in touch to book your own fitness test to help you reach your goals in the most efficient way. This INSCYD Fitness test is open to all.
LET’S TAKE YOUR TRAINING TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!
What is INSCYD?
INSCYD is the most advanced tool to analyse endurance performance in athletes. INSCYD creates a full metabolic performance profile of an athlete. It’s a performance analysis tool that will allow you to truly tailor your training sessions to your goals and needs.
Who is INSCYD for?
- INSCYD is for all athletes.
- INSCYD will benefit your training schedule and performance with both a scientific foundation and precise predictability.
- With INSCYD you’ll get a full picture of your physical capacities and also a prediction of your training and racing outcomes.
The performance you are looking for is composed of a variety of components and metrics, but if you only focus on FTP, heart rate zones, or keep training only according to your Rate of Perceived Exertion, you’ll miss accuracy and efficiency.
For example, with INSCYD you can understand the interactions between your aerobic system and your fuelling needs. Do you wonder, “How much should I consume per hour in order to maintain my performance?” With INSCYD, you’ll know.
INSCYD has been thoroughly tested by many professionals cyclists and triathletes out there including the Pro Cycling Teams CCC and SEG.
What metrics does INSCYD measure?
INSCYD takes into account, and connect to one another, the most important metrics for training purposes:
- Anaerobic threshold
- Lactate accumulation and recovery
- Fat and carbohydrates combustion
- VLamax (or glycolytic capacity)
Each of the above metrics measured by INSCYD is critical to performance and remember, each sport performance is predictable and can be broken down to these fundamental elements.
Take VLamax, for example. Although you might have never heard of it, VLamax. It is the single most important measurement to enhance your performance. VLamax is the maximum production of lactic acid in your blood and gives you a complete understanding of your anaerobic metabolism (which yes, is crucial in endurance events, too!). VO2max is aerobic, now we know the anaerobic piece, which turns out to be at least as important.
Power Performance Decoder Fitness Testing
The Power-Performance Decoder (PPD) is the first and only tool on the market, that combines lab- and field data.
Up to now power duration curve and physiological data from lab or field testing stood separately. There was no way to melt them together for a complete diagnostics profile. PPD merges field- and lab data, it enables coaches to see, how they belong together and how they are to be looked at as a unit.
Up to now, athletes went to a performance diagnostics lab for lactate or VO2max test for physiological data. Next, a coach might have them ride a power duration test, outdoors or on a trainer. The problem? Test results stood separately, without a way to melt them together. There was no way to capture a complete performance profile. The same athlete was “running on two systems”, until now.
PPD changes this! By merging physiological test data and field derived power meter data, it enables athletes to see – for the first time how the bodies energy systems work together, and how they are to be looked at as a complete unit.
Benefits of the Power Performance Decoder
- Virtual Lab – INSCYD captures all the data you would get in a lab – and more – in a simple field test.
- Ability to combine power data, with laboratory data (lactate or VO2).
- INSCYD PPD provides the same level of accuracy as lab testing, with a much deeper look at an athlete’s unique characteristics.
- Easy and fast – An athlete completes the protocol in less than 90 minutes.
- Time savings and the ability to train from literally anywhere. Eliminate the time it takes for an athlete to drive to a lab, take the test, wait for results. This amounts to days of time, and huge cost, and impact to training schedules/camps or racing.
- More efficient, while allowing for high-touch, personalized training to be provided at a larger scale.
- 360-degree athlete performance profile.
- Validated by world tour teams, peer-reviewed science, medal-winning performances.
- Competitive edge – Keep one step ahead, with the most proven upgrade an athlete can make to gain watts/time/efficiency.
What is the process?
- Get in touch to arrange a time for your test. At the moment these are being done remotely due to current restrictions.
- I will send you over the test protocol to follow.
- During the test, we can set up a Zoom or a call so I can talk you through the test, and also keep you motivated to push it to the end.
- I will analyse the results and you will receive a comprehensive test report.
- We can then work on a tailored plan based on your results if it is something you are interested in.
Please Note; you will need a power metre on your bike.